Friday, June 16, 2017

Be the reason someone SMILES today

Here is an adorable image from Gerda Steiner that is the stamp on the month called Hello Friend Turtle.  I went with a monochrome green card.  I used a wonderful sentiment from TLC.  I like to have a sense of humor and have used it frequently in my nursing career.  Sometimes things are so uncomfortable, but it is easier to laugh about it when you rather scream or cry.  Sometimes it is also a good distraction when people are anxious or in pain and you have to wait for medications or treatments to work.  Sometimes you just need to listen to people and acknowledge them and give them a reason to smile and keep going.  Well enough philosophy today....here is my card.




backside

Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp:  Gerda Steiner - Hello Friend Turtle
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Be the reason
Spellbinders:  Small and large circles
My Favorite Things:  Double Stitched Circle

Challenges
Gerda Steiner - June's Challenge
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 286-287 Anything Goes
Allsorts - Wk 419 Use at least 2 dies
Sweet Stampin' - Monochrome
Cutie Pie - Ch. 112 All Creatures Great and Small
Penny's Paper Crafty -  Ch. 333 Anything Goes

16 comments:

Fikreta said...

very cute!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, sweet little turtle.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Dies' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Adorable card Lisa Lynn! Beautiful coloring on this sweet guy...love the monochrome green! Awesome sentiment, too!

Brenda

Chrissy said...

The sentiment worked Lisa Lynn..this sweetie made me smile..gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is precious, Lisa Lynn. How adorable!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Have a blessed week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fun card shape! A truly fabulous image and card! Perfect card for our monochrome challenge at Sweet Stampin’! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us this week, I’m so glad you did! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin’ DT

Cynthia said...

They say "Laughter is the best medicine"! This is an adorable gate fold card, Lisa.

Maria Valente said...

Gorgeous card and great design! Thank you for playing at Penny's Challenges.
Mary (DT)

Jean said...

Oh how cute, love it. Great sentiment too, I think a smile makes your day.
Thanks for joining us over at PENNY'S.
Hope to see you again.
Jean xx

Kathie said...

Lisa this is a really cute card. Love this wee Turtle and the colour green. I know what you mean about smiling, and what I've been through lately someone said they other day, you're so positive and always smiling, it's true I have been. But it's been hard and there have been a few days I could cry but it's not going to get me any where is it? Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Hugs
Kathie PPCC~DT

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love all the green! (my favorite color) and the adorable turtle image (my favorite animal!). Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and please play along again!
Tammy DT

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a cute card! I sure whoever receives this will love it! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

Gail said...

I love the fold on this card. It's so cute and that turtle is adorable!! Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge! -Gail

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Helen said...

Great card, Lisa - thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

sanpiseth40 said...

i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
บุนเดสลีกา