Thursday, August 25, 2016

with Sympathy - Viva la Verve

Unfortunately my best friend's Mother has lung cancer and is on hospice care at this time.  I made this card in anticipation since I don't want to be caught without a proper card.  Her Mom played organ for church so I thought the music paper was perfect.  I know it sounds horrible to make the card ahead of time, but I want to have it done and then spend time with my friend when she will need me when she is grieving.



Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye; Core-dinations
Cardstock:  Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp:  Verve - Treasured Words
Ink:  Distress - Vintage Photo
Spellbinder:  Small and large Circle; Pennant
Flowers:  Prima

Challenges
Viva la Verve - August Sketch 2
Crafting from the Heart - Ch. 124 Anything Goes
Creative Corner - 3 layer card
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 244-245 Anything Goes
Incy Wincy - Get Well/Sympathy

4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

So difficult to make a card like this, especially when it's your BF's mom. I hope they are keeping her comfortable in these last days. You did a beautiful job and I like how you incorporated the sheet music as a personal touch. Very difficult and sad time for your friend and I hope she will find comfort in your card.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Perfect composition of colors and flowers for this special sympathy card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craft Your Passion Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Kandy's Krafts said...

Difficult subject but you have done it beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart challenge. Hope to see you again

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a soft, pretty card. Love the mix of prints. Thanks for joining us for Viva la Verve!