Thursday, January 2, 2014

When we all get to be kids

I got together with one of my best friends tonight and this is the Christmas card I made for her.  Her husband worked for the railroad for many years and now is a consultant, he also spends quite a bit of time playing with his hobby trains.  I thought this image from Mo Manning was perfect for them.  The sentiment is from a wonderful set from TLC which also has a Christmas image with a train.  I feel fortunate to have such wonderful friends, and Teresa and Greg spent Thanksgiving with our family this year.  She has been my supportive rock with all the grief that I have had, and is more like a sister that I never had.  She chucked when she saw the card and yelled for Greg to come see it so I was happy that they enjoyed it.




Patterned Paper:  Echo Park
Cardstock;  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Mo Manning - Express Santa (see above for direct link)
Sentimet:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Spellbinder:  Fleur de Lis Rectangle
Flower:  Hobby Lobby & Wild Orchid Crafts
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart
Stickles:  Ice

Challenges
Sketch 'n Stash - Ch. 129
Mo Manning - Ch. 215  Anything Goes
CHNC - Ch. 157 Starting all over again
CHNC Extra - January
Digi Darlas - Ch. 95 Inspired by a song - "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
Make it Monday - Ch. 172
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 65 Use your favorite digi
Creative Knockouts - Ch. 18 All that Glitters

14 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and papers.xxx

SarahGeorge said...

What a perfect card you've chosen to give to your friends. I can see lots of smiles over the sharing of such a beautiful card, which also brought me over from MIM :)

Rene said...

So cute (and so true!)! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM!
Rene :D

meg said...

Popped over from MIM, beautiful fun Christmas card I hope your friends husband was thrilled with it. Best Wishes for 2014.

Penny said...

Another fab take on a sketch, Lisa! And the card is darling--love that Santa! :^) So nice for them to receive such a personalized card! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Carla S. said...

What a great card for your friend, Lisa! Love the image and the sentiment is perfect with it! I'm sure they both loved it!

Pia S said...

What a sweet Santa image and a beautiful Christmas design! I spotted your pretty card on MIM.

Mau xx said...

What a Superb choice of card for your dear friends Lisa, I love this sweet Mo image, and love your sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us at Mo's
Wishing you a year of Blessings
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

Super cute card. Thank you for playing at Glitter n sparkle. Hope to see you next time. Good luck.

OlgaB said...

Such an adorable image and cute composition. Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge and Happy New Year.
Olga DT G'nS

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love what you did with the sketch! Super card!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

Chantal said...

Your card is lovely! So nice that this image is so perfect for your friends! Thank you for joining Creative Knockouts this week!
Chantal

Franz♥ said...

What a lovely card Lisa, this Mo's image is too lovely and I love the sketch, I'm sure your friends loved it so much!

Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge Blog this week :)
Hugs, Franz.

Rocky said...

Just right for a train lover, my Dad would like this too. Thanks for joining us at CHNC extra.