Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Passports

I took vacation time when my daughter has spring break from college; however, my son doesn't have off from high school at the same time.  My husband is going to be starting a new medication that just received FDA approval in January so we are just waiting for it to become available so he doesn't feel comfortable going on vacation.  Needless to say, he is still trying to get his pain under control.  So it looks like it will just be a mother - daughter vacation trip.  Neither of us have  been on vacation for quite some time so it is needed.  I have never had a passport so I decided it was time and thought that maybe we could find some last minute deal.  After I got done paying the fees, that is exactly what we will need to find, a DEAL.  WHOA - I couldn't believe the cost!  I gave my daughter some money to go to the Post Office where she goes to college unfortunately it was not enough so I had to send out an additional check.  Now let's just hope we get it in time and all works out.  I will need some ideas of good places to go with a 19 year old.  That is why my sentiments of my card are "Happy thoughts".



Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Incomparable, Bloomed, New Found Happiness, Berry Sweet Elements
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp:  Doodle Pantry - Bird of Paradise
Sentiment:  Verve
Ink:  Memento, Rich Cocoa
Spellbinder:  Ribbon Pennants
Twine:  Doddle Bug
Button:  stash
Bling:  Darice
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug

Challenges:
Deconstructed Sketch - Sketch 40
Colour Q

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Lisa, what a nice assortment of papers and you flower is bold and beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ. Hope your plans for vacation all come together for you and you daughter.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Love that image, and you did a fab job with the colors! Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Kara said...

really pretty card!! thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really really pretty.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous image and wonderfully colored! We're so glad you played with the CQC this week!