Friday, October 28, 2011

Card worthy

I made this card for my step-daughter who is 28years old and lives and Florida.  I spent a lot of time coloring her and I have not sent her a Halloween card before.   She doesn't send me birthday cards so I usually do not make cards for her.  I tend to give my cards to people who I know will appreciate all the hard work and effort that I put into them or as I refer to it the person needs to be "card worthy."  It is funny, the person who I have found that comments the most and questions me about my techniques is my father.  He went shopping with me at the Mall of America and was in Archiver's and commented about the price of the items so I know he appreciates the value of the card.  He also went and was showing people one Christmas a scrapbook that I made for him, and I was told by several people how he was explaining it.   That is when you feel good about your accomplishment.


Patterned Paper:  Bearly Mine
Stamp:  Scrapper's Delight- Sabrina
Pumpkin & Cat: Recollections
Bling: Recollection

Challenges:
Do You Stack Up - Halloween  http://doyoustackup.blogspot.com/
Scrap Creations - Digi & Digital paper http://www.scrap-creations1.blogspot.com/



Patterned Paper:  Nitwit- Merry Christmas Mouse
Cardstock:  Core-dinations, Recollections
Stamp:  Kenny K - Gingerbread Man
Spellbinders:  Petite Oval Small, Beaded Oval, Picot Circle
Cherry Lynn Doily
Border Punch: Fiskars
Embellishments:  Dress it Up
Bling: Me and My Big Ideas
Eyes:  Darice

Challenges
Deconstructed Sketch #25
Kenny K - Dots
Card Makin Mamas - Die Cuts  http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.com/
Scrap Creations - Digi & Digital Paper  http://www.scrap-creations1.blogspot.com/



Patterned Paper:  Echo Park
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Core-dinations
Stamp:  Inkadoo
Snowflakes:  Cherry Lynn
Bling:  Recollection & Dress it Up
Ric Rac:  Bazzil
Ribbon:  Lawrence Shiff Silk Mills

Challenges: 
Chupa's Sketch

7 comments:

WencheP said...

Perfect for halloween. Love the image! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh, they're all so lovely! Great takes on all sketches!

tiggertastic said...

oh nice collection of cards, what a delight to see
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

cool cards!!!
thanks for showing us at KKKG!

Arielle H Gordon said...

SUper cute cards, Lisa! Thanks so much for playing along with the Deconstructed Sketch! Hope you'll play again!

Ren-Yi said...

I can't get the scene from Shrek out of my head, where the Gingerbread man is under interrogation. LOL. Your gingerbread card is just too cute - super adorable with the googly eyes. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Halloween Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

~Heather
Kurly-Q