Saturday, August 27, 2016

Fox- Have yourself a merry little Christmas

I colored this adorable image from Gerda Steiner which is the monthly stamp.  Originally I was going to do it as a general card, but then I remembered that I had these great papers from TLC so decided to make it into a Christmas card.  I added some snow crystals on the grass.  I have a wooded back yard and there are nights when I come home late from work that I happen to see a red fox running in the neighborhood.  Which I find so amazing since I grew up in a rural community and now I live in a suburban territory a few miles north of the capital.


Patterned Paper:  TLC - All is Calm - Green
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  Gerda Steiner - 506, fox
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Ink:  Memento - Cottage Ivy
Distress:  Snow Flakes

Challenges
Gerda Steiner - August Challenge
Crazy for Challenges - C4C351 Holiday
CHNC - Ch. 296 Use a sentiment
CHNC Extra - August
ABC Christmas Challenge - Q for Quick Layout
Cardz 4 Guyz - Ch. 134 Include a furry friend
Anything Goes with TLC - Ch. 2 (Paper & sentiment)


6 comments:

Joan said...

Cute little fox and a great Christmas card

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

Joan

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fun Christmas design and I love the background and TLC sentiment. Its perfect for our 2nd ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julie B said...

Cute little fox, I think foxes are more common in cities now than in the country. We do occasionally see one trotting across the field at the back of our house though at dusk, he must cut across the yard as well, 'cos he leaves a calling card on occasion, yuk.
Sorry back to business, he looks right at home in the forest here, thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Cazro said...

A super Christmas card with the fox, I do like the contrast of his rich red coat against the green background. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Hope we see you again. Caz DT.

Zw@@n said...

Cute card, Lisa. I love the background and the cute fox. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x