Sunday, December 6, 2015

A newborn King to see

I just love this image From the Heart Snowman Drummer, I guess it reminds me of my kids being in the Nutcracker.  It would drive me crazy getting them to the rehearsals and then it would all be done in over in a few short hours - except my Dad thought it went on forever!  Now I miss it....and my Dad says he will NEVER see another Nutcracker show as long as he lives, hehe.  I have to give him credit, he was a farmer and growing up he worked LONG hours and didn't make it to my performances because he was always working.  However, he never missed any of my kids so he made up for it and they were in a lot and he had to drive 2 hours first and then sit through it and he is not a guy that just "sits" he rather be doing.
For my card, the sentiment is from TLC.  I had to add some pearls and gems since I just have such a difficult time with CAS cards.


Dec 2005....now he marches in the Army

Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp: From the Heart - (see link above for direct link)
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - (see above fidirect link)
Pearls:  Recollection
Gems:  Mark Richards
Chalk:  Unknown

Challenges
From the Heart - Sketch 129
CHNC Extra - December
12 month of Christmas link up - Ch. 12
A snowflake promise -Ch. 11
The Glory of Christmas - Ch. 73 Outdoor scene
Dragonfly Journeys - Ch. 34 Do you want to build a snowman?
Cardz 4 Guyz - Ch. 99 Christmas CAS
Tuesday Throwdown - Ch. 272 Cute and Cuddly
4 Crafty Chicks - Ch. 275 Winter

10 comments:

Cammy said...

Very sweet and lovely background! Thanks for joining us at FTHS sketch #129!

Imke said...

This is such a great CAS Card, Lisa Lynn ! Sweet Image and wonderful cloud Background.

Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 129 @ From the Heart Stamps !

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Lisa Lyn (I also love your photo! :-)) Thanks so much for joining in with us at From the Heart Stamps in our weekly sketch challenge :-)

Sharon said...

Super card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz For Guyz, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon DT

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Lori Turner said...

Adorable snowman! Gorgeous card - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Jeannie said...

Hi Lisa Lynn! What a sweet card and a sweet memory you shared too. Thanks so much for joining me this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

sweet art designs said...

Love your son's photo. Cute snowman card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Glory of Christmas - Myrna DT

Helen said...

A great card, Lisa - love it!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra and Happy New Year!

Helen N x

Tiggerscraps said...

Such an adorable card and I just love the little soldier! How cute!
Thanks for joining us at the 12 months of Christmas link up
Marji DT