Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Echo

I made a wall hanging for my boyfriend's daughter who has a birthday coming up.  She has a husky puppy who I took some pictures of recently.  For this project, I was out of my comfort zone since I usually make cards.  I matted the picture like I usually do with cardstock.  I found a Plaid sticker stencil to put "ECHO" (the pup's name) in the corner and then sprayed the canvas with Ranger Meadow spray and peeled off the stencil.  I bought a dog collar and put a charm on it and put it on with glue dots. The charm has a rhinestone which makes it sparkle.  Then attached a Offray ribbon on the top.  I don't think I would pass as being a Tim Holtz, but I had fun.  I did show her a picture, and she said she has a perfect place to hang it.

Challenges
Decorate to Celebrate - Ch. 110 Anything Goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Ch. 105 Pets
QKR - Ch. 158 Dogs or cats
Cardz 4 Guyz - Ch. 90 Something starting with "M" (Man's best friend)
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 156 Sparkly Charm

9 comments:

Pat K said...

Wow...this is fabulous Lisa Lynn. What a wonderful gift. Love how you stencilled the puppy's name and the dog collar is brilliant. I think TH would be impressed too. hugs, Pat k xx

Jane Willis said...

The hessian background is great, especially with the name stencilled on like that, such a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Cazro said...

Your canvas has worked out well, none of us could be TH but it is fun trying isn't it? I am sure your gift will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz.DT

karalschuknecht said...

Wonderful project and such a great gift. I love the addition of the dog collar. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

Norma said...

Beautiful dog and what a lovely project. Thank you for sharing your project with Decorate to Celebrate.
Hugs,
Norma

Mac Mable said...

Great theme for the challenge (mans best friend) and the hessian adds great texture. A beautiful idea and just love it!

Unknown said...

Fabulous make & super cute fur baby :) Thank you for joining us this week Birthday week at Glitter N Sparkle xx DT Sarahjayne (Crafters Sarah) xx

Penny said...

Such a thoughtful, personal gift! Love how you incorporated all the details with the cool photo! :^)
Hugs, Penny

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

how cute and I will take your dog lol thank you for joining the challenge at dtc. hugs