Sunday, February 22, 2015

Loss of your Daughter

My daughter came home this weekend which I was so excited to spend time together.  On Friday, she received a call that she is an Assistant Manager at the Resident Hall and that for some unknown reason they needed to perform CPR on a 19 year girl.  My daughter was upset that she wasn't there, but it is rare that she comes home.  On Tuesday, it will be a year that my husband, her step Dad passed away so we were emotional to begin with.  Then on Saturday night she received another phone call that the young lady passed away.  My daughter was very upset thinking about the poor parents who were going to be coming to pick up the belongings at some point.  Needless to say....I couldn't sleep.  I made this card for my daughter to give to the parents.  I know that my daughter understands grief and loss and she has a lot of compassion.  I just know what it is like to lose a spouse; however, I can't imagine losing a child.  We always feel it isn't fair when someone so young dies and hasn't lived a full life.  My prayers and thoughts go out to all who have lost children or young ones, especially this week.  I just took 7 rubbermaid bins to the Salvation Army of my husband's clothes since this is the first I was able to part with those things.  It has been a process and I'm moving on.
For my card, I used a wonderful sentiment from a great set at TLC.  I also used a vintage image from TLC.  I kept the card rather simple.

 


Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Across the Miles
Cardstock: Bazzil; Recollections
Sentiment:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Ink:  Memento; Rich Cocoa
Spellbinders:  Small Circle; Heart Circle
Pearls:  Recollection
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

Challenges
Crazy for Challenges - C4C274 Sketch
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 361 Floral Delight
Crafting from the Heart - Ch. 47 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Ch. 249 Anything Goes

3 comments:

Penny said...

Beautifully done, Lisa! I am so sorry for those parents, too! Losing a child has to be just devastating; after all, it's not the natural order of things--we parents are supposed to go first...
I am glad you were able to part with his clothes; it must mean you are starting to heal a bit. May you continue on that path.
Sending big hugs, Penny

Kristine said...

Oh Lisa, for one, I'm so sorry for your own loss and that of your daughter with the passing of your husband 1 year ago. I don't know what that is like, but my heart aches thinking about that. And also for your daughter having to experience the loss of a resident-mate at college. How tragic. I'm sure emotions are high. You are so sweet to think of those parents and gift them a handmade card, hopefully others will do the same and they'll feel the love. Sending cyber hugs your way. xxx

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT