Friday, April 12, 2013

Hernia surgery

My best friend needs to have hernia surgery on Wednesday so I made this card in prep for that.  Being a nurse herself she is NOT looking forward to this procedure.   I took her two loaves of chocolate chip banana bread this week so she could have food in the freezer.  Unfortunately she had hernia surgery four years ago and then required a wound vac and it was rather involved so I'm hoping it won't be as bad this time.  However, nurses tend to have the worst luck....  Trying to send positive thoughts her way.



Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Stella Nurse Stupidity
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - What Happens in the Hospital
Flowers:  Recollection
Tab: Dienamic My Favorite Things

Challenges
Bugaboo - Anything Goes
Stella Says Sketch - Sketch #134

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Made me chuckle love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!
Sandy :) DT

mulberry station said...

Lisa, this is darling. I am still chuckling. You just have to love Stella. I had to stop and comment. I saw your card.
Hugs, Nancy Guest Designer CTB

Min said...

Fabulous Stella card!
We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug “Stella Says Sketch" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us again tomorrow for a new sketch challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Stephanie said...

Oh this is just wonderful, I love Stella. thanks for playing along this week in our Stella Says Sketch Challenge at Catch The Bug.

Penny said...

Great card for your friend, Lisa Lynn! Love the image, the sentiment & your design! Hope her surgery goes perfectly and that she heals quickly! :^)
Hugs, Penny