Friday, April 13, 2012

Triple Layer Pop Up Card

I work part-time night shift as a nurse at a hospital and my schedule has been were I have had a block of days off and now I will start a stretch of working for three nights have one off and then work another two.  There are good things and bad things to working like that.  I have had multiple days of being able to make lots of cards and get things done around the house, but then when I work it is basically work and sleep.  My family has enjoyed some good home cooked meals of meatloaf and cookies while I have been off, but that is not how it is when I sleep during the day.  This week when I received my Splitcoast newsletter I made two cards using this weeks sketch, but I now just made a card using the weekly tutorial.  I feel so accomplished!  Tiddly Ink is celebrating their 2nd anniversary so they have a challenge this week with an inspirational photo of an umbrella in rainbow colors and then you are to have a 2 on the card.  So this is what I came up with using the Triple Layer Pop Up card.  I used the pop up layers to make grass and then used several  of the Tiddly Ink images of a log with flowers and Wryn's tree with a swing.  I also have one of their rainbow images so I used it as a background and also pieced it onto the umbrella of "Donna".  I used a sentiment from TLC and made it into a sun as well as making a coordinating sun on the front with a "2 U" in the center.  It was actually quite fun putting it all together which took some time.  Here it is.





Patterned Paper:  American Crafts, My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Core-dinations, Recollections
Stamp:  Donna, Jedi Log, Wryn's tree, rainbow dream set
Sentiment:  TLC- rainbow colored joy
Spellbinders:  Large Circle, Small Pinking Circle
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart
Die Cut letter and number:  Cuttlebug
Prisma pencils
scor-tape

Challenges
Tiddly Inks - Inspirational Photo and 2nd anniversary

Papercraft Star - Umbrella  http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/
Splitcoast Stamper - Triple Layer Pop Up Card
Crafts and Me -  Going 3D

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun triple pop up card, Lisa, love your umbrella! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star Umbrella challenge.


I am not a robot!

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a lovely scene you have created! The umbrella looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star!

Anitra

Amanda R said...

This is wonderful! Love sitting and looking at all th different layers and the details. Thanks for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks!